1. North Korea warned on Monday that it will carry out a nuclear test “at any time and at any location” set by its leadership.
2. Gulf Arab sources said the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas will drop its long-standing call for Israel’s destruction as well as its association with the Muslim Brotherhood in a new policy document issued this week.
3. China will continue to conduct live fire drills and test new weapons to safeguard its national security after the U.S. went ahead with the deployment of an anti-missile defence system in South Korea to protect the country from missile launches by North Korea.
4. Russia’s ongoing crackdown on religious minorities, foreign missionaries, and evangelists has earned it a spot among the worst countries in the world for religious freedom.
5. U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson warned on Friday that failure to curb North Korea’s nuclear and ballistic missile programs could lead to ‘catastrophic consequences,’ while China and Russia rebuked Washington’s threat of military force.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Jeremiah 30:18-22.
Our Second Coming quote for today is from John Piper. He said, “The center of Christianity is the Coming of the Son of God into the world as a real Man to destroy the works of the devil and create a new people for His own glory. The very heart of our faith is that He did this by obeying the law of God, dying for the sins of His people, rising victorious over death, ascending to God’s right hand with all His enemies under His ‘feet. The second coming of Christ is the completion of His saving work. If you take it away, the whole fabric of His saving work unravels.”