1. Ninety people are now confirmed dead in the earthquake that struck off Mexico’s southern coast. It was the most powerful to hit the country in a century.
2. Hurricane Irma roared through the Florida Keys with punishing winds on Sunday and began pushing its way north, flooding streets, spawning tornadoes, knocking out power to more than 5 million people across the state, and snapping massive construction cranes over the Miami skyline. Four people were confirmed dead as a result of the storm, adding to the death toll of over 20 in the Caribbean islands.
3. US Defence Secretary James Mattis told his Japanese counterpart Itsunori Onodera that America would help Japan enhance its ballistic missile defence capabilities following the biggest nuclear weapons test by North Korea.
4. On September 14, Russia will unleash what may be its largest military exercise since the Cold War. In Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and elsewhere, officials are openly concerned that the “Zapad 2017” drills near their borders will be used as cover for a military attack.
5. A 5.3-magnitude earthquake hit northern Japan on Friday.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Jeremiah 31:15-22.
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Arthur W. Pink. He said, “The first time [Christ] came to slay sin in men. The second time He will come to slay men in sin.”