1. Suicide bombers suspected of links to the Islamic State struck for the fourth time in less than a week, targeting three locations in Saudi Arabia in an extension of what appeared to be a coordinated campaign of worldwide bombings coinciding with the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
2. The Chinese state has implemented stricter regulations, including demanding a share of church money and donations in its ongoing efforts to clamp down on Christian churches.
3. In just the past few days, the Islamic State’s evolving brand of terrorism has revealed its deadly, shifting faces.
4. In the two years since Russia annexed Ukraine’s Crimean Peninsula, the tiny Baltic nations of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania have taken an oversize role in facing down Russia’s challenge to the West.
5. In a press conference on Sunday, Jordan’s Minister of Energy stated Jordan is seeking a nuclear cooperation agreement with the US in order to obtain American nuclear technologies.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Jeremiah 1:1-3.
Our second coming quote for today is from John MacArthur. He said, “Next to the subject of faith, the subject of the second coming is the most dominant subject in the New Testament. For every time in the Bible the first coming is mentioned, the second coming is mentioned eight times. For every time the atonement is mentioned once, the second coming is mentioned twice. The Lord refers to His return 21 times. And over 50 times men are exhorted to be ready for the return of Jesus Christ. Now that is an overwhelming indication that the Bible majors on the second coming of Jesus Christ.”