1. When Israeli army commanders describe how the next war against Hezbollah could unfold, they often search for words not used in military manuals. The future conflict, they warn, will be “ferocious” and “terrible.”
2. Russian submarines are operating in the Pacific at levels not seen in decades. For the first time since the Cold War, the Russian Pacific Fleet is getting submarines that are quieter, better armed and have greater range.
3. Chinese authorities have banned church services “to create a safe environment” when world leaders arrive in the eastern city of Hang-zhou for the G20 summit in September.
4. Russian President Vladimir Putin could have authority to crack down on non-government-aligned churches.
5. Violence against Egypt’s Coptic Orthodox Christian minority, one of the largest and oldest groups of Christians in the Middle East, has escalated at an alarming rate in the last several weeks, with little official response.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Jeremiah 16:14-21.
Our second coming quote for today is from Martin R. DeHaan. He said, “Yes, indeed, Jesus Christ is coming again. He is coming literally, visibly, bodily, in like manner as He has gone away. The fact is absolutely certain, while the time has not yet been revealed. If Jesus had told His disciples and us the date, the exact moment of His return, He would have robbed the truth of Christ’s second coming of all of its power, its incentive and its blessing. It is the imminency of His return which gives to the second coming of Christ the power and comfort which it contains. Jesus will return someday, and He MAY return today.”