1. Britain’s historic vote to leave the European Union is already threatening to unravel a democratic bloc of nations that has coexisted peacefully together for decades. But it is also generating uncertainty about an even bigger issue: Is the post-1945 order imposed on the world by the United States and its allies unraveling, too?
2. Russia is likely to deploy advanced nuclear-capable missiles in its European exclave of Kaliningrad by 2019, casting the move as a reply to a U.S.-backed missile shield, and may one day put them in Crimea too.
3. In the early 19th century, a series of massive quakes rocked Missouri. At the time, hardly anyone lived in the region. But some experts are now predicting that the area could be in for another round of violent shaking
4. European Union nations urged Britain on Friday to quickly exit the bloc and end uncertainty about the future, as Prime Minister David Cameron said he would leave the departure negotiations to his successor.
5. The United States said will maintain its military presence in the Black Sea despite a Russian warning that a U.S. destroyer patrolling there undermined regional security.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 66:18-24.
Our second coming quote for today is from G. Campbell Morgan. He said, “To me, the second coming is the perpetual light on the path which makes the present bearable. I never lay my head on the pillow without thinking that perhaps before the morning breaks, the final morning may have dawned.”
PROPHECY HEADLINES: UK votes to leave the European Union; EU lawmakers warn that other nations will demand to leave, ‘EU will fall’; ISIS threatens attacks on Brussels, Belgium in wake of Brexit
PROPHECY BOOTCAMP: Our topic for today is titled “The Winepress of the Wrath of God (Part 1)” from Dr. Ed Hindson’s book “Revelation: Unlocking the Future.”
Having identified the key players in the eschatological end game, John now reintroduces the drama itself in Revelation chapter 14. The everlasting gospel is proclaimed and the fall of “Babylon” is announced. The Son of man appears to judge the world and to tread the wine press of the wrath of God.
The last half of the Apocalypse opens with chapter 14. We move now to the reading of the inside of the scroll. Chapters 6-11 announced the prophetic message to the world in general: “Bad news, you lose!” Now the message focuses on the people of God: “Good news, we win!”
OCCUPY TILL I COME: We are continuing our journey through the book, “Coming Events and Present Duties,” by J.C. Ryle. This section is titled, “Occupy Until I Come!” (Part 4) based on the parable of the nobleman who went away and left talents for his servants to use in his absence in Luke 19:11-13. J.C. Ryle writes:
I believe we have fallen into an error parallel with that of our Jewish brethren — an error less fatal in its consequences than theirs — but an error far more inexcusable, because we have had more light. If the Jew thought too exclusively of Christ reigning — has not the Gentile thought too exclusively of Christ suffering? If the Jew could see nothing in Old Testament prophecy but Christ’s exaltation and final power — has not the Gentile often seen nothing but Christ’s humiliation and the preaching of the Gospel? If the Jew dwelt too much on Christ’s second advent — has not the Gentile dwelt too exclusively on the first? If the Jew ignored the cross — has not the Gentile ignored the crown?