1. Iranian officials have accused the United States of violating the recent comprehensive nuclear agreement by working behind the scenes to stop American companies from conducting business with Iran.
2. U.S. and allied forces gathered in the Philippines this week for joint military exercises as a show of force to counter China’s controversial territorial claims in the South China Sea.
3. A Saudi news site is reporting that Russia decided to partially withdraw its troops from Syria due to Moscow’s disappointment over failures by pro-regime Iranian and Hezbollah forces to achieve victories against opposition forces fighting to topple the Assad government.
4. British Prime Minister David Cameron has warned Western leaders that the Islamic State plans to use drones to spray nuclear material over Western cities.
5. Russia is expected to begin the first shipment of the S-300 air defense missile system to Iran in the coming day.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 66:1-6 which reads: “Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?… Hear the word of the Lord, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name’s sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed. A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemies.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J.A. Bengel. He said, “Between Jesus’ ascension and His coming no event intervenes equal in importance to these: therefore, these two are joined together. Naturally, then, the apostles set before them the day of Christ as very near. And it accords with the majesty of Christ that during the whole period between His ascension and His advent, He should without intermission be expected.”