1. While President Obama prepares to meet China’s President at a nuclear security summit in Washington this weekend, a new generation of Chinese intercontinental ballistic missiles with a 14,500 km estimated range may come into service as early as this year.
2. U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry informed several Arab countries that the U.S. and Russia have reached an understanding that Syrian President Bashar Assad will leave to another country as part of the future peace process aiming to put an end to the bloody civil war.
3. A top American researcher has warned that the Islamic State could be on the brink of unleashing nuclear weapons against the West. Harvard researcher Matthew Bunn detailed three types of nuclear or radiological terrorism that ISIS factions could soon have access to.
4. Israeli security officials met with their counterparts from the Palestinian Authority this week in Jerusalem to discuss the fate of security coordination between the two sides.
5. A senior member of the European Parliament provoked anger this week by describing the recent terror attacks in Brussels as an “opportunity” to turn the EU into a “full political union”.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 66:1-6.
Our second coming quote for today is from Francis Pieper. He said, “The return of Christ is to be maintained as a positive fact against both the direct denial of it by the scoffers who say, ‘Where is the promise of His coming?’ and the forgetfulness of the Christians, who according to their flesh are very apt to fail to remember the return of Christ.”