1. The U.S. Army’s chief of staff told lawmakers that the service would need another 220,000 soldiers before it could confidently handle major operations with emerging military foes around the world.
2. Ahead of a rare ruling party Congress next month, secretive North Korea is revealing details of its weapons development program for the first time, showcasing its push to develop long-range nuclear missiles despite international sanctions.
3. An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.6 struck South Asia on Sunday, shaking buildings in Pakistan, Afghanistan and India, and injuring several people in at least one Pakistani city.
4. Israel’s Counter-Terrorism Bureau released its yearly warning ahead of the upcoming holiday season in which large numbers of Israelis traveling abroad could prompt terror attacks against Israeli and Jewish targets.
5. Talks over Syria’s civil war are set to begin this week and will focus for the first time on the viability of a political transition for the war-torn country.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 66:7-9
Our second coming quote for today is from I.M. Haldeman. He said, “The Spirit seems to exhaust human vocabulary in the vain endeavor to proclaim [the coming of Christ]. The noblest prose and the most exalted poetry the world ever knew break like waves upon the shore and at times seem to turn into mist in utter helplessness to express the coming glory. The stars of Heaven pale, break loose from their orbits and fall, the waves of the sea roar, the floods lift up their voices, the mountains bow down at His presence, the trees of the wood clap their hands, and every voice in Heaven and earth cries out: ‘Behold, He cometh! He cometh!—the King!’ …Your ears are full of the footsteps of the coming King.”