1. Officials have told The Associated Press that the Islamic State has trained at least 400 fighters to target Europe in deadly waves of attacks, deploying interlocking terror cells like the ones that struck Brussels and Paris with orders to choose the time, place and method for maximum carnage.
2. The Iraqi army said on Thursday that its troops and allied militia had launched what is expected to be a long and difficult offensive to retake the second city of Mosul, the Islamic State group’s main hub in Iraq.
3. The “Quartet” comprised of the United Nations, the European Union, Russia, and the United States is forming a new plan to revive the stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace process.
4. North Korea said it successfully tested a powerful new solid-fuel rocket engine, the latest in a series of announcements that appear intended to portray progress in its development of an advanced nuclear-tipped missile that could threaten the U.S. mainland.
5. Russia’s Defense Ministry says its warplanes have struck targets around the ancient city of Palmyra in support of the Syrian army’s offensive there.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 66:1-6
Our second coming quote for today is from W.J. Grier. He said, “The New Testament teaches that our Lord will come in person. While the Scriptures refer to great events in the history of the individual, like death, and great events in the history of the Church, like the outpouring of the Spirit at Pentecost and the destruction of Jerusalem, as comings of Christ, yet they also declare in no uncertain language that there is to be a final triumphant return of Christ towering far above these other partial and typical comings. ‘The Lord himself shall descend from heaven.'”