1. A top Seoul official said on Thursday that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un recently ordered preparations for launching “terror” attacks on South Koreans, as worries about the North grow after its recent nuclear test and rocket launch.
2. Despite the growing threat from the self-proclaimed Islamic State in Libya, the Obama administration has turned down a U.S. military plan for an assault on ISIS’ regional hub there.
3. British Prime Minister David Cameron traveled to Brussels on Thursday in search of concessions from other European leaders that might help him win a referendum on the United Kingdom’s continued membership in the 28-nation European Union.
4. Turkey says its warplanes have bombed Kurdish positions across the border in northern Iraq, following a deadly bomb attack in the Turkish capital.
5. Iraq is searching for “highly dangerous” radioactive material stolen last year.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 62:6-7 which reads: “I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence, And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Charles Ryrie. He said, “For the believer, the knowledge of prophecy provides joy in the midst of affliction; cleanses and encourages holy living; is profitable, like all Scripture, for a number of important needs in the Christian’s life; gives facts about life after death; gives truth about the end of history; gives proof of the reliability of all Scripture, for the number of prophecies that have come to pass precisely as predicted cannot be accounted for by chance but only by God; draws our hearts out in worship to the God who is in complete control and who will accomplish His will in history. To slight prophecy is to miss these benefits.”