1. Europe is facing a convergence of the worst crises since World War II, and the overwhelming consensus among officials and experts is that the U.S. no longer has the will or the ability to play an influential role in solving them.
2. Fresh water on Earth is scarce and getting scarcer. In 2015 the World Economic Forum ranked “water crises” as the top risk facing the planet.
3. Saudi Arabia has sent warplanes to NATO-member Turkey’s air base for the fight against the Islamic State.
4. Civilian casualties of the war in Afghanistan rose to record levels for the seventh year in row in 2015, as violence spread across the country in the wake of the withdrawal of most international troops.
5. Senior Hamas leader Mahmoud Al-Zahar vowed on Saturday to remove all the Jews from “Palestine”.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 62:1-4 which reads: “For Zion’s sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth…”
Our second coming quote for today is from Matthew Henry. He said, “Those who will not hear the messengers of peace, shall be made to hear the messengers of war. But where the heart is fixed, trusting in God, it is kept in peace, and is not afraid. It is against the mind of Christ, that his people should have troubled hearts, even in troublous times.”