1. Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister says if the Syrian political process fails, President Bashar Assad will have to be removed “by force.”
2. Major powers agreed on Friday to a pause in combat in Syria, but Russia pressed on with bombing in support of its ally President Bashar Assad, who vowed to fight until he regained full control of the country.
3. King Abdullah of Jordan argued on Friday that a two-state solution to the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians is vital to the defeat of the Islamic State, saying that the decades-long dispute only served to benefit the jihadist group.
4. U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson warned on Thursday that terror groups remain focused on targeting aviation, on the heels of an attempted bombing last week in Somalia – and after the top U.S. intelligence official warned that the Islamic State will try to attack the U.S. this year.
5. A magnitude-6.5 earthquake struck the island of Pulau Sumba in Indonesia on Friday.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 60:1-3 which reads: “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.”
Our second coming quote for today is from John Piper. He said, “For every decisive experience that you have (like dying and facing God in judgment), the Son of God has a corresponding experience. Only Christ’s experiences are not merely alongside ours and like them. His have an impact on ours. His death and our death are not parallel. His utterly transforms ours. Our arrival at the judgment and his arrival at the judgment are not parallel. His rescues us. In other words, the parallel between our life and Christ’s life is designed to show how utterly dependent on him we are at every point of our lives, and how great he is. He is the strong saving one and we are the weak and desperate ones.”