1. Turkey warned of consequences on Saturday after saying a Russian jet had violated its airspace despite warnings, once more stoking tensions between two countries involved in Syria’s war, but Russia denied that there had been any incursion.
2. Iran flew a surveillance drone over a U.S. aircraft carrier and published video of the encounter on Friday, the latest in a series of edgy naval incidents between the two countries in the Persian Gulf after the recent nuclear deal.
3. A US navy guided-missile destroyer sailed within 12 nautical miles of an island claimed by China and two other nations in the South China Sea on Saturday, in an operation the Pentagon said aimed to challenge efforts to restrict freedom of navigation.
4. French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said on Friday that France would recognize a Palestinian state if its efforts in coming weeks to try to break the deadlock between Israelis and Palestinians fail.
5. A Russian fighter jet came within 15 feet of a U.S. Air Force reconnaissance plane over the Black Sea this week in what the Pentagon is calling an “unsafe” incident.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 42:14-17.
Our second coming quote for today is from J.D. Greear. He said, “The imminent return of Jesus should produce spiritual alertness in us. Amidst the many ways my home church went wrong, they were absolutely right about one thing—the earnest expectation of Jesus’ return. The New Testament writers all eagerly wait for Jesus to come back. They are straining forward to that day, almost on tiptoes as they yearn for his return. They lived with spiritual alertness, as if Jesus could back at any moment.”