1. Russia’s military intervention in Syria is finally generating gains on the ground for Syrian government forces, tilting the battlefield in favor of President Bashar Assad to such an extent that the Obama administration’s quest for a negotiated settlement to the war suddenly looks a lot less likely to succeed.
2. A new U.S. study has warned that China will have so many aircraft carriers by 2030 that the South China Sea will be “virtually a Chinese lake.”
3. Five planets paraded across the dawn sky early Wednesday in a rare celestial spectacle set to repeat every morning until late next month.
4. China has signaled its support for Yemen’s government, which is fighting an Iran-allied militia, on the first day of a visit to Saudi Arabia by Chinese President Xi Jinping, who will also be heading to Tehran later in the week.
5. Billionaire financier George Soros has warned that the European Union is on the “verge of collapse” over the migrant crisis and is in “danger of kicking the ball further up the hill” in its management of the issue which has seen more than a million migrants and refugees arrive in the region in 2015.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 32:1-8.
Our second coming quote for today is from Oswald Chambers. He said: “The only way to wait for the Second Coming is to watch that you do what you should do, so that when he comes is a matter of indifference.”