1. Iran said on Monday that new US curbs on the Islamic Republic’s ballistic missile program were illegitimate, vowing to continue developing its conventional military deterrent.
2. Islamic State militants captured ground from Syrian government forces near the eastern city of Deir al-Zour on Monday, pressing a three-day assault, which state news media say has killed 300 people.
3. The European Union reiterated on Monday that it would continue to differentiate between Israel proper and the settlements, yet stopped short of explicitly calling for a “distinction.”
4. Yuval Steinitz—Israel’s minister of national infrastructure, energy and water resources—on Monday returned from a secret visit to Abu Dhabi over the weekend.
5. Listing terrorist attacks in Israel along with attacks by the Islamic State, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said they showed “we are in a world war.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 30:18-26.
Our second coming quote for today is from J. Vernon McGee. He said: “Zechariah sets before us the fact that redemption is the high word at the first coming of Christ and that revelation is the high word at the Second Coming. He says that at the first coming of Christ the emphasis is on reconciliation; at the Second Coming the emphasis is on recognition. At the first coming of Christ it’s the Incarnation that is in the foreground; at the Second Coming it is identification. At the first coming it’s the mystery; at the Second Coming it’s the manifestation. In the first coming there was propitiation for our sins; in His second coming there will be the proclamation of all that He is.”