1. Young Palestinians with kitchen knives are waging a ceaseless campaign of near-suicidal violence that Israeli leaders are calling “a new kind of terrorism.”
2. Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said on Friday that the country’s armed forces will move to retake the major northern city of Mosul from the Islamic State once they capture the western city of Ramadi.
3. With the number of ISIS fighters growing in regional neighbor Afghanistan, Russian President Vladimir Putin is turning to an old enemy — the Taliban — to share intelligence.
4. Russia said on Friday that trucks loaded with oil continue to cross from Syria into Turkey but in lesser numbers thanks to its bombing campaign against Islamic State jihadists.
5. Explosions and gunfire resounded around the southeastern Turkish town of Cizre on Friday after a clash overnight that the army said left six Kurdish militants and one soldier dead as a security operation there entered its 11th day.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 26 which reads in part: “Lord, when thy hand is lifted up, they will not see: but they shall see, and be ashamed for their envy at the people; yea, the fire of thine enemies shall devour them. Lord, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us. O Lord our God, other lords beside thee have had dominion over us: but by thee only will we make mention of thy name. They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish. Thou hast increased the nation, O Lord, thou hast increased the nation: thou art glorified: thou hadst removed it far unto all the ends of the earth.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Adrian Rogers. He said: “Many people ask why Jesus hasn’t come yet. I believe it is the mercy of God that holds Him back (see 2 Peter 3:9). Even now the raging waters of God’s wrath are furiously pounding against the dam of His mercy. And one of these days, that dam of God’s mercy will give way to God’s judgment and the day of the Lord will come.”