1. Systematic violence against Christians continues in India to this day. Christians also are targeted in other Asian nations, where their numbers have grown to the point that other faiths, or political powers, feel threatened.
2. Turkey says it will withdraw more troops from northern Iraq and acknowledged there had been a miscommunication with the Iraqi government over the issue.
3. Yemeni peace talks in Switzerland ended on Sunday without an agreement to end nine months of civil war and foreign intervention.
4. A senior Hezbollah leader was reportedly assassinated by the Israel Air Force on the outskirts of Damascus, 36 years after he murdered an Israeli family and police officer.
5. Gunfire and clashes persisted overnight in the southeastern Turkish town of Cizre, the heart of a large-scale security offensive now in its sixth day in which 110 Kurdish militants have been killed so far.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 24:17-20 which reads: “And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth. And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited. Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Francis Chan. He said: “Because of what Jesus has done on our behalf, history is moving toward a glorious end. Just as history changed when Jesus came to earth, everything will be changed again when He returns. Jesus appeared the first time to sacrifice Himself and secure our salvation, and He will appear again to bring that salvation to fruition. This is the future that history is moving toward. This is how the world will end.”