1. Kurdish forces backed by coalition air strikes have repulsed the most serious attack by the Islamic State in Iraq in five months.
2. A report published on Thursday states that Israel and Iran have the fastest growing defense budgets in the Middle East while other Gulf Arab states cut spending due to falling oil prices.
3. Vietnam’s military is steeling itself for conflict with China as it accelerates a decade-long modernisation drive, the country’s biggest arms buildup since the height of the Vietnam War.
4. Unnamed Israeli officials said on Thursday that Israel and Turkey have reached an agreement to normalize relations.
5. After two days of meetings in Jerusalem and Ramallah with Israeli and Palestinian officials, the United Nations and its partners in the diplomatic Quartet on the Middle East peace process strongly condemned all acts of terror and stressed the importance of unequivocally opposing incitement and violence and de-escalating the situation.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 24:14-16 which reads: “They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the Lord, they shall cry aloud from the sea. Wherefore glorify ye the Lord in the fires, even the name of the Lord God of Israel in the isles of the sea. From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.”
Our second coming quote for today is from C.S. Lewis. He said: “There are many reasons why the modern Christian and even the modern theologian may hesitate to give to the doctrine of Christ’s Second Coming that emphasis which was usually laid on it by our ancestors. Yet it seems to me impossible to retain in any recognisable form our belief in the Divinity of Christ and the truth of the Christian revelation while abandoning, or even persistently neglecting, the promised, and threatened, Return.”