1. Russia’s two-month-old military intervention in Syria on behalf of the embattled regime of Syrian president Bashar Assad has involved dramatic, and highly visible, strikes by high-tech jet fighters, lumbering heavy bombers, powerful ground-based artillery, and even ships and submarines launching missiles over long distances. Less visible but no less impressive has been Russia’s mobilization in Earth’s orbit.
2. In a secret project tied to the overall U.S. campaign against the Islamic State, intelligence officials have spent months mapping out known physical locations of media safe houses where the extremist group’s operatives are compiling, editing and curating raw video and print materials into finished digital propaganda products for dissemination across the Internet.
3. Egyptian Air Force planes have in recent months crossed into Israeli airspaces part of Egypt’s military campaign against the local Sinai affiliate of the Islamic State terror group.
4. The Obama administration would not rule out taking additional steps over an Iranian missile test if security officials determined they would benefit US national security.
5. The Pentagon delivered a warning Tuesday about the growth of the Islamic State offshoot in Afghanistan, saying the branch has become “more operationally active” there by carving out territory and openly fighting the Taliban.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 21:11-12: “ The burden of Dumah. He calleth to me out of Seir, Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night? The watchman said, The morning cometh, and also the night: if ye will enquire, enquire ye: return, come.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Max Lucado. He said: “History is not an endless succession of meaningless circles, but a directed movement toward a great event. God has a timeline. And, because of Bethlehem, we know where we stand on it. The next great event is the Second Coming. This Christmas, enjoy the fruit of the first coming, but anticipate the glory of the second. We live between the advents. Let the first one whet your appetite for the final one.”