1. China seems set to make its own power play in the Middle East by establishing its first overseas military base in the strategically important state of Djibouti, one of the Pentagon’s most important listening posts for the Arab world and Africa.
2. A powerful Syrian insurgent faction pulled out of an opposition conference on Thursday in protest over the role given to groups it said are close to the Syrian government, signaling continued divisions among rival factions ahead of proposed peace negotiations with President Bashar Assad’s government.
3. Three Israeli soldiers were wounded early Wednesday after an attempted car attack in the West Bank. The Palestinian driver of the car was shot dead by the Israeli forces.
4. Rome has increasingly become a potential target for the jihadist organization known as ISIS.
5. Despite strong opposition from China, the Obama administration authorized a $1.83 billion weapons sale to Taiwan, marking the first U.S. arms shipment to the island in four years.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 24 which reads in part: “Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof. And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Charles Stanley. He said: “The Father wants us excited and hopeful about Jesus’ return because that event is the conclusion of His plan for the world. For centuries, Christians have worked to spread the Gospel. Those efforts are leading to the moment when all those who choose to serve God are gathered together on a new Earth.”