1. Russia says one of its warships fired warning shots at a Turkish boat in the Aegean Sea to avoid a collision.
2. Several thousand protesters, most of them members of Iran-backed Shi’ite paramilitary forces, gathered in central Baghdad on Saturday to demand the withdrawal of Turkish troops from Iraq.
3. President Vladimir Putin ordered defense chiefs to strengthen Russia’s strategic nuclear forces amid rising tensions with the U.S. over the global balance of power.
4. Israeli aircraft struck in the Gaza Strip on Sunday night, hours after a rocket fired from the territory exploded in Israel.
5. Senior Palestine Liberation Organization official Saeb Erekat warned on Friday that if Israel does not make peace with the Palestinian Authority, the Islamic State will assume the moral leadership of the Arab world.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 14:12-15: “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.”
Our second coming quote for today is from George Eldon Ladd. He said: “Jesus is now the Lord; He is enthroned at the right hand of God; He is reigning in His kingdom. But this is a Lordship and a kingly reign which is known only to believers. It must be confessed by faith. His Second Coming will mean nothing less than the Lordship which is His now will be visible to all the world. When we pray, “Thy kingdom come,” this is what we are praying for: the effectual and universal rule of Christ in all the world, not only over believers.”