1. Vladimir Putin has said he hopes nuclear warheads will not be needed to deal with terrorists, after Russia launched cruise missiles from its submarine at Syria.
2. The United States has agreed with Singapore on a first deployment of the U.S. P8 Poseidon spy plane in Singapore this month, in a fresh response to China over its pursuit of territorial claims in the South China Sea.
3. More than half of Ramadi – the Iraqi city whose sudden fall to ISIS raised questions about Baghdad’s ability to combat the terror group – is now back in Iraqi control after a big push early this week.
4. A new report from a prominent human rights group has found that ISIS has built a substantial arsenal, including U.S.-made weapons obtained from the Iraqi army and Syrian opposition groups.
5. After reports that Iran tested a ballistic missile last month — the second such test since the nuclear agreement in July — the U.S. State Department said it is conducting a “serious review”.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 13:17-19: “Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it. Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children. And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees’ excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Charles Spurgeon. He said, “Christ will as certainly be here again in glory as He once was here in shame. He promised to die on the cross, and to rise again the third day: and He kept His word. Let us believe His promise to return again.”