1. A new European Union parliament report states that ISIS is armed with biological and chemical weapons but Europeans don’t take the existential threat seriously.
2. A senior U.S. official said on Monday that Iran has carried out a new medium range ballistic missile test in breach of two United Nations Security Council resolutions.
3. Iraq asked NATO on Tuesday to put pressure on alliance member Turkey to withdraw its troops immediately from northern Iraq after Ankara said it would not deploy any more but refused to pull out those already there.
4. The U.S. military alleged on Monday that Russian warplanes were responsible for an attack on a Syrian army position in eastern Syria, an airstrike that Syria blamed on the U.S.-led coalition battling the Islamic State militant group in the country.
5. The Pentagon confirmed on Monday that U.S. airstrikes last month killed the head of the Islamic State in Libya.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 13:1-6: “The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see. Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles. I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness…”
Our second coming quote for today is from George Muller. He said, “In confessions of faith, the truth that the Lord Jesus will come again may still have a place, but practically, to by far the greater number of His disciples, it has been a mere doctrinal statement that has not been enjoyed, and which has had no influence upon their lives. The Lord, however, desired it should be otherwise. He intended that His Church should look for Him, that she should watch and wait for His return.”