1. America’s top military officer said on Tuesday that the United States has “not contained” the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, contradicting President Obama’s remarks last month about the terror group.
2. British bombers made their first strikes on Syria on Thursday, just hours after Britain’s parliament voted to bomb Islamic State targets in Syria.
3. On the front lines of the battle against the Islamic State, suspicion of the United States runs deep. Iraqi fighters say they have all seen the videos purportedly showing U.S. helicopters airdropping weapons to the militants, and many claim they have friends and relatives who have witnessed similar instances of collusion.
4. Israel’s air superiority over its enemies has been a linchpin of its defense strategy for decades. But with the recent deployment of the Russian S-400 “Triumph” missile defense system in Syria, that absolute primacy is now in question.
5. Russia carried out the first successful flight test of a new anti-satellite missile this month, marking a new phase in the global militarization of space.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 11:11-12: “And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Ray Pritchard. He said, “If we take no other comfort from the words of Jesus, we ought to rejoice that he clearly is the Lord of history and the master of all earthly circumstances. Because he is the Son of God, he could see clearly into the distant future. He knew about the wars that would ravage mankind, and he knew that his followers would be brutally attacked. He knew that many false messiahs would claim his name, and he also looked to a day when the true gospel would be spread across the earth. No wonder he could say, ‘See to it that you are not alarmed.’ That’s a good word for times like these.”