1. The Kremlin on Friday played down the possibility of a grand coalition with the West to strike the Islamic State in Syria, despite personal visits by French President Hollande to both Washington and Moscow following a spate of horrific terrorist attacks tied to the militant group.
2. The United Nations said unknown attackers fired rockets at a U.N. peacekeeping base in Kidal in northern Mali on Saturday, killing three people inside, in the latest sign that the West African country’s Islamist insurgency is intensifying.
3. The Turkish President expressed regret on Saturday over Turkey’s shoot down of a Russian warplane and said he hopes Turkey can repair relations with Moscow at next week’s Paris climate summit.
4. North Korea appeared to conduct a submarine-launched ballistic missile test on Saturday but it ended in failure with no indication that the missile successfully ejected from the vessel and took off.
5. A magnitude 6.2 earthquake struck off the northern coast of Chile on Friday, although there were no initial reports of damage.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 11:1-4: “And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Vance Havner. He said, “We are to stand fast and hold the traditions until Jesus returns. ‘Traditions’ is not a popular word today. Men ridicule those bound by ‘traditionalism.’ But let us stand by the faith once for all delivered. We are on the winning side. Eternity will vindicate each blessed tradition in His Word.”