1. Turkey has shot down a Russian warplane, the first time a NATO country and Moscow have exchanged direct fire over the crisis in Syria.
2. Iran’s ambassador to Russia said on Monday that Moscow had started the procedure of supplying Tehran with the S-300 anti-missile rocket system.
3. A magnitude 6.2 earthquake hit northeastern Afghanistan near the border with Pakistan and Tajikistan on Sunday.
4. Russian President Vladimir Putin arrived Monday in Tehran for talks with Iran about the devastating conflict in Syria where the two nations are allied in support of the Damascus regime.
5. The United States issued a worldwide travel alert for Americans amid concerns that terror groups and individuals plan more attacks after the Paris massacres.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 7-12 which reads in part: “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.”
Our second coming quote for today is from John Wesley. He said, “None shall live with God, but he that now lives to God; none shall enjoy the glory of God in heaven, but that he bears the image of God on earth; none that is not saved from sin here can be saved from hell hereafter; none can see the kingdom of God above, unless the kingdom of God be in him below. Whosoever will reign with God in heaven, must have Christ reigning in him on earth.”