1. Jordan’s King Abdullah said on Tuesday that the world is facing another global conflict and a fast response is needed to deal with the threat.
2. As the Islamic State militant group continues to spread its bloodthirsty brand of extremism in Europe, Africa and the Middle East, a new study has named the Nigerian militant group Boko Haram as the deadliest in the world.
3. President Obama called on China on Wednesday to halt its construction on reclaimed islands in the South China Sea, raising the contentious issue at the start of a two-day economic summit meeting at which he and other Pacific Rim leaders also discussed trade and climate change.
4. Al-Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate, the Nusra Front, has claimed to have shot down two Russian reconnaissance drones over a military airport it controls in northwest Syria.
5. A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.8 struck the Solomon Islands early Thursday morning.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 2-4 which reads in part: “For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low: And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan…”
Our second coming quote for today is from D.L. Moody. He said, “Whoever neglects the Second Coming has only a mutilated Gospel, for the Bible teaches us not only of the death and sufferings of Christ, but also of His return to reign in honor and glory. His second coming is mentioned and referred to over three hundred times, yet I was in the Church fifteen or sixteen years before I ever heard a sermon on it. There is hardly any church that does not make a great deal of baptism, but in all of Paul’s epistles I believe baptism is spoken of only thirteen times, while he speaks about the return of our Lord fifty times; and yet the Church has had very little to say about it. Now, I can see a reason for this: the devil does not want us to see this truth, for nothing would wake up the Church so much. The moment a man realizes that Jesus Christ is coming back again to receive His followers to Himself, this world loses its hold upon him.”