1. Iranian media is reporting that the government has stopped taking apart centrifuges in two uranium enrichment plants.
2. Russia has circulated a document on ending the nearly five-year-old Syrian conflict that calls for drafting a new constitution in up to 18 months that would be put to a popular referendum and be followed by an early presidential election.
3. Syrian soldiers fought their way into an air base in northern Syria on Tuesday and freed military personnel inside, after a nearly two-year siege by Islamic State insurgents at the facility.
4. The United Nations says some 11 million children are at risk from hunger, disease and water shortages in east and southern Africa because of the strengthening El Nino weather phenomenon.
5. Kurdish forces aided by thousands of lightly armed Yazidi fighters captured a strategic highway on Thursday in northern Iraq in the early stages of an offensive to reclaim the town of Sinjar from the Islamic State, which seized it last year and murdered, raped, and enslaved thousands of Yazidis.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 1:24-31 which reads: “Therefore saith the Lord, the Lord of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies: And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin…”
Our second coming quote for today is from James L. Melton. He said, “The First Coming gave Jesus Christ to the world, but the Second Coming will give the world to Jesus Christ! Just as David was chosen to be the king of Israel many years before he actually received the kingdom, the Lord Jesus Christ has been chosen to take over the kingdoms of this world and rule as God’s KING OF KINGS.”