1. President Barack Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu minimized sharp differences and reaffirmed their commitment to seeking elusive Middle East peace on Monday, though prospects for an agreement between Israelis and Palestinians appear ever further out of reach.
2. U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter said if the U.S. finds additional groups willing to fight Islamic State militants in Syria, he and President Barack Obama are prepared to deploy additional U.S. forces there.
3. Defense Secretary Ash Carter on Saturday accused Russia of endangering the world order, citing its incursions in Ukraine and loose talk about nuclear weapons, and said the U.S. defense establishment is searching for creative ways to deter Russian aggression and protect U.S. allies.
4. Sergei Chemezov, the chief executive of Russia’s state-owned defense conglomerate, said Russia and Iran have signed a contract on Moscow’s delivery of the advanced S-300 missile defense system to the Islamic Republic.
5. A strong magnitude-6.8 earthquake struck north-central Chile on Saturday, causing buildings to sway in the capital of Santiago.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is the Song of Solomon. Chapter 2, verses 1-4 read: “I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys. As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters. As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.”
Our second coming quote for today is from David Reagan. He said, “I’ve spent over 25 years studying the signs. And I tell you, folks, there are so many they overwhelm you… You just get overwhelmed by the fact that Jesus is coming soon. You begin to have spiritual eyes, and you start seeing the signs of the times that point to the soon return of Jesus. Everywhere you look it’s as if God has neon lights in the sky flashing on and off saying, ‘Jesus is coming soon! Jesus is coming soon! Jesus is coming soon!'”