1. Despite a month of heavy battering by Russian airstrikes, Syria’s rebels have so far been able to fend off offensives by government forces trying to retake territory from the rebel’s heartland.
2. The European Union made its strongest call yet for China and other Asian nations to resolve their dispute over the South China Sea, a position Brussels insists is neutral but that the United States is likely to welcome after pressing the bloc to speak up.
3. Senior sources close to the Syrian government said that offensives by the Syrian army and its allies are going more slowly than expected due to increased Saudi support to rebels.
4. Separatist rebels in eastern Ukraine on Friday accused government forces of shelling residential areas under their control with heavy artillery, while Ukrainian forces said the rebels were violating the cease-fire.
5. A cholera outbreak in Iraq has spread to neighboring Syria, Kuwait and Bahrain, and risks turning into a region-wide epidemic as millions of pilgrims prepare to visit the country.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Proverbs 30:4 which reads: “Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell?”
Our second coming quote for today is from Martin R. DeHaan. He said, “’Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.’ That has not yet been done. Is there anyone who can look at Europe today, and at Asia, and say that God’s will is being done on earth as it is in heaven? Can you look upon so-called Christian America with its hell holes and dens of vice, with its corruption in politics, government, and religion, with its immorality and sin, and say, ‘This is the kingdom, and God’s will is being done on earth as it is in heaven’? Surely none can be so foolish as that. But there is a time coming when we shall cry, ‘The kingdom has come!’ It will be at the end of the Tribulation when the seventh angel sounds his trump.”