1. Israeli officials are reportedly growing concerned over the long-term viability of the current Egyptian regime in light of gains made by Islamists in their insurgency.
2. The head of the U.S. Air Force’s Central Command said on Saturday that U.S. and coalition forces are likely to increase air strikes against Islamic State targets in Iraq and Syria in coming weeks after a lull in September and October.
3. U.S. official said the U.S. Navy deliberately avoided military drills or other actions that could have further inflamed tensions with Beijing during a patrol last week near islands China has built in the South China Sea.
4. France is sending its largest warship to join operations against the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq.
5. Sunday brought more terror to the West Bank, with three separate attacks wounding at least six people.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 which reads: “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Lee Roberson. He said, “Men have long dreamed of a world of peace. The Bible leads us to look for such a day, a day when the implements of war will be formed into implements of peace. All efforts of man to bring about peace have failed; therefore, if Jesus comes not again, then man will be forever and eternally disappointed, for there will be no peace. Man dreams of a world of justice and equality. This will never be realized apart from the coming of Jesus. Man dreams of a world where sin will be no more. This is impossible unless Jesus comes and Satan is cast down and the Lord reigns upon His throne. Man dreams of a time when pain and suffering and death will be no more. Such a day is promised unto us in God’s Word. In the day of the coming of Jesus, the dead in Christ shall be raised first, and the living shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye, and together we shall be caught up to meet the Lord in the air. These bodies will not be changed if the Lord comes not, for the coming of Christ and the resurrection and the translation of the saints are all bound together in God’s Word. Let us lift up our eyes, for the coming of Jesus draweth nigh. God’s purpose for this world is not going to fail.”