1. A clear majority of Iranian legislators said on Monday that the Islamic republic will not abandon the slogan of “Death to America” despite its July nuclear accord with world powers.
2. Work has begun to construct Great Britain’s first new permanent military base in the Middle East since 1971.
3. An international tribunal at The Hague will take on a case between China and the Philippines over disputed territory in South China Sea, the first time China has had to face legal scrutiny over its assertiveness in the resource-rich waterway.
4. Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Sunday that the United States is a main cause of problems in the Middle East and not part of the solution.
5. Jordanian fighter pilots trained closely with their Israeli counterparts at a US-hosted air force exercise this summer, in a rare acknowledgment of intimate military cooperation between the Jewish state and its Arab neighbor to the east.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 132:10-18 which reads: “For thy servant David’s sake turn not away the face of thine anointed. The Lord hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it…”
Our second coming quote for today is from John Darby. He said, “Nothing is more prominently brought forward in the New Testament than the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.”