1. Russia has warned of the risk of a “proxy war” in the Middle East after the U.S. said it would send special forces to Syria.
2. The head of Great Britain’s domestic security service said the Islamic State terror group is planning a massive attack in the United Kingdom, and the current level of threat posed by its homegrown members is the highest in over 30 years.
3. An exclusive report by Fox News claims Russia has been flying Iranian weapons shipments into Syria over the past 10 days, breaking with an international weapons embargo against Iran.
4. Russia said on Friday that New Zealand should move forward with a draft UN resolution aimed at reviving long-stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, but Israel says it’s “destructive” and the Palestinians say it’s not tough enough.
5. U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter called on North Korea to shrink and eventually eliminate its nuclear weapons program, while acknowledging during a visit on Sunday to the Demilitarized Zone that prospects for reconciling with the defiant North are dim.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 130:7-8 which reads: “Let Israel hope in the Lord: for with the Lord there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption. And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Billy Graham. He said, “Jesus Christ is coming back and he’s going to come back soon. This time he’s coming back not as savior; He’s coming back as king. There’s a lot of mystery as it relates to the second coming of Christ — a lot we don’t understand. But there’s no sense in arguing about it; there’s no sense in fighting about it. None of us could be so dogmatic to say this is exactly how it’s going to happen. We just don’t know, but we do know that he’s coming back.”