1. Iran intends to dispatch “a fleet of warships” to the Atlantic Ocean shortly. The country’s Navy Commander said, “Our warships will soon berth at ports in the Atlantic Ocean.”
2. The USS Ronald Reagan scrambled its fighter jets earlier this week after two Russian naval reconnaissance aircraft flew within one nautical mile of the U.S. aircraft carrier as it sailed in international waters east of the Korean Peninsula.
3. A Chinese Defense Ministry spokesman said China’s military will take “all necessary” measures in response to any future US navy incursions into what it considers its territorial waters around islands in the South China Sea.
4. Israel has resoundly rejected New Zealand’s efforts to impose negotiations for a two-state solution via its position as a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council.
5. Hamas’s former interior minister has declared that the ongoing “intifada” against Israel “will never stop”.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 118 which reads in part: “O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let them now that fear the Lord say, that his mercy endureth for ever.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J.C. Ryle. He said, “All portions of Scripture ought to be approached with deep humility and earnest prayer for the teaching of the Spirit. On no point have good people so entirely disagreed as on the interpretation of prophecy; on no point have the prejudices of one group, the dogmatism of a second and the extravagance of a third done so much to rob the church of truths which God intended to be a blessing.”