1. Israel and the United States signaled on Sunday that they were starting to put disputes over the Iran nuclear deal behind them, announcing resumed talks on U.S. defense aid for Israel as it hosted Washington’s top general and a joint air force drill.
2. A series of videos glorifying the wave of deadly stabbing attacks against Israelis was released on Sunday by the Islamic State terrorist group, in an unusual step by the extremist organization, which tends to steer clear of commenting on the situation in Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
3. NATO and its allies opened their largest military exercise in more than a decade on Monday, choosing the central Mediterranean to showcase strengths that face threats from Russia’s growing military presence from the Baltics to Syria.
4. Israel is working to thwart a draft UN agency resolution which declares that the Western Wall in Jerusalem – the most holy site in Judaism – belongs to the al-Aksa Mosque compound.
5. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday ordered a halt to the placement of any more portable concrete slabs between a predominantly Jewish area of Jerusalem and an adjacent southeastern Arab neighborhood, after several lawmakers criticized the construction of a temporary wall as a de facto division of the unified city.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 98 which reads in part: “The Lord hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen. He hath remembered his mercy and his truth toward the house of Israel: all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Oswald Chambers. He said, “When I studied arithmetic, I remembered that the answers were in the back of the book. No matter how I floundered among my problems, the correct solution was on the last page. I have failed often in working out life’s problems, and I dwell in the midst of a people who are hopelessly trying to untangle the riddle of this present age. But I am cheered by one unfailing uncertainty-there is a Book that solves the enigma and the answer is in the back of the Book, ‘Behold I come quickly.’ ‘Even so, come, Lord Jesus.’”