1. President Barack Obama will keep 5,500 U.S. troops in Afghanistan when he leaves office in 2017, casting aside his promise to end the war on his watch and instead ensuring he hands the conflict off to his successor.
2. Cuban military operatives have reportedly been spotted in Syria, where sources believe they are advising President Bashar Assad’s soldiers and may be preparing to man Russian-made tanks to aid Damascus in fighting rebel forces.
3. The top U.S. military officer will visit Israel next week, as the two nations prepare to resume talks on defence aid that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had suspended in protest of the Iran nuclear deal.
4. After a meeting with Iran’s defense minister in Tehran, a senior Chinese admiral said China wants to deepen military ties with the Islamic Republic.
5. Several Arab Gulf states are engaged in negotiations to purchase the Israeli-developed Iron Dome missile defense system in an attempt to ward off possible threats from Iran’s “growing arsenal of missiles.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 78:2 which reads: “I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old.”
Our second coming quote for today is from G Campbell Morgan. He said, “To me the second coming is the perpetual light on the path which makes the present bearable. I never lay my head on the pillow without thinking that perhaps before the morning breaks, the final morning may have dawned. I never begin my work without thinking that He may interrupt my work and begin His own. This is now His word to all believing souls, ‘Till I come.’ We are not looking for death, we are looking for Him.”