1. Iran’s parliament on Sunday approved an outline of a bill that would allow the government to implement a historic nuclear deal reached with world powers.
2. President Vladimir Putin has confirmed what many suspected — that Russian airstrikes in Syria are meant to bolster President Bashar Assad’s regime at any cost.
3. Iran has successfully test-fired a new precision-guided, long-range missile.
4. In the lead-up to a major summit on religion, the Chinese Communist party is preparing intensified restrictions on Christian churches.
5. Turkey is targeting the Islamic State in investigations of a double suicide bombing in Ankara that killed up to 128 people.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 72:5-11 which reads: “They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations. He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth. In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth. He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth. They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust. The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts. Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.”
Our second coming quote for today is from George Eldon Ladd. He said, “Jesus is now the Lord; He is enthroned at the right hand of God; He is reigning in His kingdom. But this is a Lordship and a kingly reign which is known only to believers. It must be confessed by faith. His Second Coming will mean nothing less than the Lordship which is His now will be visible to all the world. When we pray, “Thy kingdom come,” this is what we are praying for: the effectual and universal rule of Christ in all the world, not only over believers.”