1. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu addressed the United Nations General Assembly in New York on Thursday, slamming the world body for its indifference to Iranian threats to wipe Israel off the map and for encouraging Palestinian rejectionism.
2. Russian officials vehemently defended the country’s airstrikes in Syria on Thursday as blows to Islamic State militants even as evidence mounted suggesting that U.S.-backed rebels and others were facing the brunt of Moscow’s attacks.
3. After the stinging blow of losing the city of Kunduz to the Taliban, the Afghan government says it has now reclaimed most of the provincial capital in a big operation backed by U.S. airstrikes.
4. As Russia began bombing neighboring Syria, Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi says he would welcome the extension of Russian airstrikes to Iraq, a move that could potentially diminish the U.S. role in battling Islamic State militants in the country.
5. Representatives of the Middle East Quartet signaled on Wednesday evening that they would step up their efforts to facilitate a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict after a day in which discussion of the longstanding dispute took center stage at the United Nations.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 45:6-8 which reads: “Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.”
Our second coming quote for today is from C.H. Spurgeon. He said, “Oh, that the Lord would come! He is coming! He is on the road and travelling quickly. The sound of his approach should be as music to our hearts!”