1. In a second day of raids in Syria, Russian warplanes carried out 30 airstrikes on Thursday in the northern province of Idlib that targeted not the Islamic State but a rival insurgent coalition.
2. Demonstrating a new level of tension with Israel, President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority declared on Wednesday that it was no longer bound by the Oslo Peace Accords and subsequent agreements that formed the basis for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
3. U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter has voiced his concerns over Russia’s “contradictory position” in Syria, saying the Kremlin’s decision to conduct airstrikes at the request of Bashar Assad is “tantamount to pouring gasoline on the fire.”
4. Iran’s Supreme Leader is threatening Saudi Arabia with “tough and harsh” retaliation after saying that the bodies of Hajj stampede victims are not being repatriated swiftly.
5. The Palestinian Authority raised its flag at the United Nations headquarters in New York for the first time on Wednesday.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 45:1-3 which reads: “My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer. Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever. Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty.”
Our second coming quote for today is from C.H. Spurgeon. He said, “If I knew that our Lord would come this evening, I should preach just as I mean to preach; and if I knew he would come during this sermon, I would go on preaching until he did.”