1. On Sunday, millions of people around the world will enjoy the sight of a “blood moon, as a lunar eclipse combines with a “supermoon” to make Earth’s natural satellite appear red in colour.
2. Iranian officials escalated their criticism of Saudi Arabia’s Hajj pilgrimage after over 730 people were killed in a stampede near the holy city of Mecca last week.
3. Moscow pressed its military buildup at a new airbase in Syria on Saturday, as Washington admitted rebels it trained surrendered ammunition and equipment to Al-Qaeda in a fresh US policy setback.
4. As President Obama welcomed the Chinese President to the White House and spoke of the friendship between the two countries, the Chinese aircraft carrier docked at the Syrian port of Tartus, accompanied by a guided missile cruiser.
5. Nearly 30,000 foreign recruits have now poured into Syria, many to join the Islamic State, a doubling of volunteers in just the past 12 months and stark evidence that an international effort to tighten borders, share intelligence and enforce antiterrorism laws is not diminishing the ranks of new militant fighters.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 31:5 which reads: “Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J.C. Pollock. He said, “Millions of graves are dug every year, but it is inspiring to think that one generation of Christians will cheat the undertaker.”