1. Russia’s military intervention in support of President Bashar Assad has dismayed Gulf Arab enemies of the Syrian leader who say it will prolong the war and keep Syria firmly in the orbit of their arch regional rival Iran.
2. Pope Francis’ first trip to the United States coincides with one of the holiest days on the Jewish calendar: Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement.
3. In a new stream of belligerent rhetoric, Iran’s chief of staff on Tuesday derided US lawmakers’ opposition to the recent US-backed nuclear agreement, and accused the US and Israel of sponsoring terrorism, while another Iranian military chief scoffed that Tehran had intimidated the US into abandoning the idea of using military force in the region.
4. Russian forces appear to be expanding their military presence in Syria through the development of two additional bases that pose new challenges for the Obama administration as it struggles to avert a clash with Moscow in the Middle East.
5. The Pentagon said on Tuesday that a Chinese military jet performed an “unsafe” maneuver in front of a U.S. reconnaissance plane last week.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 18:50 which reads: “Great deliverance giveth he to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.”
Our second coming quote for today is from D.L. Moody. He said, “I never preach a sermon without thinking that possibly the Lord may come before I preach another.”