1. President Vladimir Putin of Russia and the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, disagreed on Monday over the level of threat to Israel from Syria, backed by Iran.
2. A fresh 6.5 magnitude aftershock struck central Chile on Monday, rattling buildings in Chile’s capital city Santiago, but there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
3. The Israeli and Russian militaries will set up a joint working group to coordinate their Syria-related activities in the aerial, naval, and electromagnetic arenas.
4. Jordanian King Abdullah II told a group of Israeli Arab lawmakers visiting his country on Sunday that the al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem is a place for Muslim prayer with no division or partnership.
5. The four-year civil war in Syria has so severely devastated the region that scientists have had to make the first ever withdrawal from the “doomsday bank,” a giant vault in the Arctic that contains seeds meant to protect the world’s food supply in the event of a disaster.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 18:49 which reads: “Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Alexander Maclaren. He said, “The primitive church thought a great deal more about the coming of Christ than about death, and thought a great deal more about his coming than about heaven.”