1. A United Nations official has confirmed that the flag of the Vatican will be raised for the first time outside U.N headquarters the morning of Pope Francis’ first visit.
2. A Syrian military source said the Syrian military has recently started using new types of air and ground weapons supplied by Russia, underlining growing Russian support to Damascus that is alarming the United States.
3. Denying recent claims by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu regarding a new era in Israel’s relations with Sunni Arab states, a former top Saudi official told The Times of Israel that no Arab-Israeli cooperation can exist as long as the conflict with the Palestinians remains unresolved.
4. An article published in the Russian government-sanctioned news outlet, Sputnik, states that the airstrikes being carried out by the anti-Islamic State coalition led by the United States will not defeat the terrorist group as this can only be achieved by a united and well-armed front on the ground in Syria and Iraq.
5. US Secretary of State John Kerry said on Sunday that Russia’s military backing for the Syrian regime only risks sending more extremists to the war-torn country and could further hamper any effort at bringing peace.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 16:9-11 which reads: “Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Matthew Henry. He said, “Christ will come when he pleases, to show his sovereignty, and will not let us know when, to teach us our duty.”