1. For the first time since the collapse of the Soviet Union, the U.S. Department of Defense is reviewing and updating its contingency plans for armed conflict with Russia.
2. The Vatican released a statement this week officially welcoming the nuclear agreement between the P5+1 world powers and Iran, stating that the Holy See believes Tehran will reduce its nuclear capabilities in exchange for sanctions relief.
3. U.S. President Barack Obama spoke by phone with Saudi King Salman on regional issues including the recent violence in Jerusalem on Thursday.
4. U.S. defense officials said on Friday that Russia has moved jet fighters to a base in Syria for the first time, a major military escalation that heightens fears Moscow is set to play a more direct role in propping up Syrian President Bashar Assad.
5. The Obama administration began carrying out the Iran nuclear deal on Thursday as time expired on Republican efforts to derail it.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 16:1-4 which reads: “Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee; But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight. Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Frances Ridley Havergal. She said, “Oh, the joy to see thee reigning, Thee, my own beloved Lord! Every tongue thy name confessing, Worship, honour, glory, blessing, Brought to thee with glad accord—Thee, my Master and my Friend, Vindicated and enthroned, Unto earth’s remotest end Glorified, adored and owned!”