1. The head of England’s domestic spy service said on Thursday that British security agencies need greater powers to deal with a growing terrorism threat and the advanced technology being used by militants.
2. The Palestinian Authority has strongly condemned Israel for allowing Jewish “extremists” to “storm” the Temple Mount and imposing restrictions on Muslim worshipers.
3. A persecution watchdog group is warning believers that statistics suggest a Christian is martyred for their faith every five minutes somewhere around the world.
4. Activists say Syrian warplanes are pounding the Islamic State-held town of Palmyra in central Syria, killing at least 15 people in a series of airstrikes.
5. Iran’s nuclear chief has said that Russia has agreed to help Iran upgrade its uranium-enriching centrifuges.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 16:1-4 which reads: “Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee; But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight. Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.”
Our second coming quote for today is from William Gurnall. He said, “Christ hath told us he will come, but not when, that we might never put off our clothes, or put out the candle.”