1. A U.S. expert said on Monday that satellite photographs taken last week show that China appears to be carrying out preparatory work for a third airstrip in contested territory in the South China Sea.
2. Russia’s military build-up in Syria has grown to include the shipment of a half-dozen highly sophisticated battle tanks — and more troops — in what a source called the “first clear sign of offensive weapons arriving in Syria.”
3. Health authorities quarantined hundreds of people in northern Sierra Leone on Monday after a 16-year-old girl died of Ebola, the first confirmed death from the virus in the district for nearly six months.
4. An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.6 struck the Gulf of California early on Sunday morning.
5. North Korea says it is ready to use nuclear weapons against the United States and other foes if they pursue “their reckless hostile policy” toward Kim Jong Un’s regime.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 9:7-8 which reads: “But the Lord shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment. And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.”
Our second coming quote for today is from William Freel. He said, “As Christians, we should not be exitists, looking for our going, but adventists, looking for his coming.”