1. Israeli police raided the plaza outside Jerusalem’s al-Aqsa mosque on Sunday in what they said was a bid to head off Palestinian attempts to disrupt visits by Jews and foreign tourists on the eve of the Jewish New Year.
2. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Sunday that Russia will continue sending military supplies to Syria.
3. Yemen’s internationally recognized president will not participate in U.N.-brokered talks later this week with Shiite rebels who control the capital and much of the country’s north.
4. Russia’s President Vladimir Putin said on Saturday that it was welcome that fighting had stopped in eastern Ukraine, a change in rhetoric compared to his previous accusations against Ukraine for violating a ceasefire.
5. The head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization said on Saturday that Iran has discovered an unexpectedly high reserve of uranium and will soon begin extracting the radioactive element at a new mine.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 2:6-8 which reads: “Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.”
Our second coming quote for today is from John Blanchard. He said, “The certainty of the Second Coming of Christ should touch and tincture every part of our daily behavior.”