1. The United States is sending an additional 75 troops and other military assets to Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula to bolster the security of international peacekeepers, who have come under attack from militants in recent days.
2. The Palestinian flag will fly at United Nations headquarters after the UN General Assembly overwhelmingly approved a Palestinian resolution, infuriating Israel with a move that Palestinians described as a step toward UN membership.
3. Kurdish militants fired on a restaurant frequented by police in southeastern Turkey’s main city on Friday, killing a waiter and wounding three officers, as the restive region descended further into the worst bloodshed it has seen since the 1990s.
4. NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has voiced concern about Russian military involvement in Syria.
5. US officials have warned that Islamic State terrorists are manufacturing and using crude chemical weapons including mustard gas in Iraq and Syria.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 1:1-2 which reads: “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Augustine: He said, “That day lies hid that every day we might be on the watch.”