1. In an acknowledgment of severe shortcomings in its effort to create a force of moderate rebels to battle the Islamic State in Syria, the Pentagon is drawing up plans to significantly revamp the program by dropping larger numbers of fighters into safer zones as well as providing better intelligence and improving their combat skills.
2. The UK Independence Party leader Nigel Farage has warned that thousands of ISIS jihadists could use the migrant crisis to “flood” into Europe, as he urged Britons not to “allow their compassion to imperil their safety”.
3. Work on a 30-kilometer fence along a southern stretch of Israel’s border with Jordan has begun amid efforts to protect Israel against security threats and to keep migrants and asylum seekers from entering the country.
4. Iran’s defense minister hailed the nuclear accord struck with world powers as a “surrender” by “the superpowers” to “the majesty” of Iran.
5. Iraq has put F-16 warplanes acquired from the United States into action against the Islamic State group for the first time.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Job 19:25 which reads: “For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Charles Spurgeon: He said, “Some think that this descent of the Lord will be postmillennial — that is, after the thousand years of his reign. I cannot think so. I conceive that the advent will be premillennial that he will come first, and then will come the millennium as the result of his personal reign upon earth.”