1. The United Arab Emirates bombarded Yemeni rebels with air strikes on Saturday as it mourned 45 soldiers, among 50 killed in the deadliest day yet for a Saudi-led coalition fighting the insurgents.
2. Russia has sent a military advance team to Syria and is taking other steps the United States fears may signal that President Vladimir Putin is planning to vastly expand his military support for President Bashar Assad of Syria.
3. The United Nations has announced that Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will host a ministerial meeting of key global players trying to end the decades-old Israeli-Palestinian conflict on Sept. 30 during the annual high-level session of the General Assembly.
4. A senior Saudi official said on Friday that Saudi Arabia is satisfied with assurances from President Obama about the Iran nuclear deal and believes the agreement will contribute to security and stability in the Middle East.
5. An attack that wounded four American soldiers on Thursday in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula underscores the growing risks faced by the U.S. contingent stationed there and is likely to fuel an internal debate over whether they should be reinforced with heavier weapons to protect against ISIS.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Nehemiah 1:8-9.
Our second coming quote for today is from Alexander Maclaren: He said, “The primitive church thought more about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ than about death or about heaven. The early Christians were looking not for a cleft in the ground called a grave but for a cleavage in the sky called Glory. They were watching not for the undertaker but for the uppertaker.”